Saturday, January 29, 2005

LIFE MOVES ON.........

LIFE MOVES ON

Alright I also admit this post is coming in way toooooooo late.......
It should have been here atleast 2 weeks ago.
I cannot also say that I was busy - I am a vella (totally or almost free - without much workload).

Anyways, since delay has been here, the post will include details on following fronts:
- Placements @ XIM-B
- Life @ XIM-B
- Looking forward to..........

PLACEMENTS @ XIM-B
Well Xuberance 2005 (Campus Placements at XIMB) - the event we PGPM Class of 2005 was looking forward to, finally happened and was a short lived event. It was over within a day with amazing results. Everyone was happy.
Placements are the most important phase of MBA for any student pursuing this course. The placements showed big time improvement compared to last year both in salaries as well as quality.
Some HARD FACTS:
- We termed the placements as a problem of plenty: 1.75 offers per student
- 113 students participated in the placement process of a batch of 116
- 59 companies participated, out of which 14 had to return empty handed
- Average salary: Rs. 5.24 Lakhs and Median Salary: Rs. 5.08 Lakhs
- Highest Indian Salary: Rs. 9 Lakhs
- Lowest Salary: Rs. 3.5 Lakhs
- Highest Lateral overseas offer: USD 84,000

The placements started on 8th January 2005 (just a day after my birthday - so it was bound to be a record breaking one) and it was wrapped up the same day itself.

The placement details are given in detail at: XUBERANCE 2005

I think i have not mentioned where I got placed. Well had multiple offers - and i chose TVS Electronics as my destination with them offering me a job in Sales and Marketing profile. So, I will be going to Chennai initially and then the final destination as of now I myself have no clue.


LIFE @ XIM-B
Ah with placements over, what should we do.
Most of us are having on the average around 2 papers to finish of this semester.
So workload at bare minimum for most of us. Now we are passing our time watching movies, reading novels, playing tennis or any other sport and dining out whenever possible.
The session ends on February 26th, 2005. So parting away from XIM-B campus is toooo near. Just cannot imagine life out of XIMB Campus.
Also, the campus is right now looking so beautiful with flowers blooming all across. Sorry, no snaps right now, but the moment they are developed and scanned I will put them up.

LOOKING FORWARD TO......
Now with time at XIM-B coming to an end, I am personally looking forward to spending as much time with the close friends which I have made here. We all planning to go to Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Gangtok and have loads of fun out there. The train tickets have been booked. The basic trip outline laid out, now we have to wait for the day to come when we leave for the journey. The plan is that we leave on 25th February morning and return back to XIMB on 5th March late night. Its the visit to the Paradise City.......
Here I recall Guns and Roses song (only partial song being referenced)
Take me down to Paradise City,
Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.....
(rest of the song will take me home - which this trip will not take me to)
[Girls here refer to other tourists making a beeline there during the peak season ;-) ]
[So hopefully some bird watching also]

Gangtok is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India, giving breathtaking view of the third largest peak of the world - Mt. Kanchenjunga.
People knowing me know how much I love visiting hill stations, playing with snow if its there and on another extreme I also love beaches equally. But the scenery offered at Hill Stations is unparalleled.
Fingers are crossed, hoping that the journey is a memorable one.
After the trip we plan to come back to campus and spend time here and roaming Orissa itself till 13th March or so.
14th March is convocation. Parents will be coming to campus for convocation - my first ever convocation.
Lots to look forward to. After reaching home, have to also get back in touch with all the friends who would be remaining in Delhi at that time.
Life will change drastically once out of here.


For a change no snaps in this post, but in near future ones there will be some.
Look out for them..........................

No comments: